Mrs Stella.N. Macaulay is a seasoned Administrator and Technocrat. She is the State Director of Orientation and functioning Permanent Secretary in the Delta State Orientation Bureau.
She hails from Ndoni in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government Area of Rivers State.
Mrs Macaulay obtained her first school leaving certificate from Ogbe-Olie primary school Asaba, in the year 1979 and came first position in the common Entrance Examination in Oshimili Division same year she started her secondary education at Asaba Technical College.
Having been exposed to technical, commercial and secondary models of education at the technical college, she settled for pure secondary education which made her seek admission to Saint Brigid’s Girls’ Grammar School Asaba, where she obtained her West African School Certificate (WASC) and won award as the Best Graduating Student in 1984.
In October 1984 she gained admission into the University of Port Harcourt to study Foreign Languages and Literatures with bias in French/Portuguese and graduated with B.A Hons. In 1988.
In her quest for more knowledge and to be well positioned, she went ahead to hone her Journalism skills at the International Institute of Journalism Abuja, with a Diploma in Journalism in 1996; and has since acquired more post graduate degrees like Masters in Industrial and Labour Relations (MILR) from the Delta State University Abraka (DELSU) 2011.
Master’s in Public Administration (MPA) from (DELSU) in 2015, with the most recent being Masters in Intelligence and Security Studies from Novena University Ogume, 2021.
She came out in flying colours when she sat for Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON) 7 weekend Course in 2011.
Mrs Stella Macaulay has held several positions in her career viz:
- National Association of Political Correspondents (NAPOC) F.C.T. (Abuja) Position: Coordinator. 1991 – 1993.
- Nigeria Association of Women Journalists, (NAWOJ), (Abuja). Position: Treasurer. 1991 – 1993.
- NAWOJ Federal Capital Territory (FCT). Position: Secretary. 1992- 1995.
- Nigeria Union of Journalist (NUJ), Abuja Council. Position: Ex-Officio. 1992-1995.
- International Institute of Journalism, (Abuja). Position: Public Relations Officer. 1994-1996.
- Nigeria Union of Journalist, Delta State Council. Position: State Secretary. 2002-2008.
- NAWOJ, Delta State, Position: Vice Chairman. 2005-2008.
- Nigeria Union of Journalist (NUJ), Delta State. Position: Ex-Officio. 2008-2011.
- UNICEF Child Rights Information Bureau (CRIB). Position: Delta State Co-ordinator. 2001-2003.
- Child Rights Club (RC) and CRIB Clubs in Secondary Schools, Delta State. Position: Coordinating Officer. 2002-2003.
- State Mobilization and Technical Committee of UNICEF (SSOMTEC). Position: State Secretary (Delta State). 2001-2003.
NEC, The Media and The Transition Programme, Abuja. Dec. 1992.
National Assembly Induction Course for Political Correspondence, Abuja. Dec. 1992.
Michael Imoudu School for Labour Studies, Ilorin. Feb. 1994.
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Training: Media Material Development Workshop, Agbor. Oct. 2002.
Unicef Organized Workshop to Develop Nutrition in Education and Dietary Diversification Guideline/Methodology and Action for B-Field, (Benin). June 2002.
Unicef Planning Workshop for The Zonal Launch of the Nigeria Movement for Children. Dec. 2002.
Workshop on Analysing and Reporting Conflict Enugu. Dec. 2002.
Global Investigative Journalist Conference, Geneva Switzerland April 2010.
Women in Management and Leadership Seminar, Nov. 2012.
In Accord Arbitration Certification Course, Denver Colorado (USA). Feb. 2014.
In Accord Mediation Certification Course, Denver Colorado (USA). Feb. 2014.
African Women in the Media, Kenya. July 2019.
Mrs Stella Macaulay belongs to several professional bodies such as:
- Nigeria Union of Journalists’ (NUJ)
- Nigeria Association of Women Journalists’ (NAWOJ)
- Nigeria Institute of Public Relations (NIPR)
- Nigeria Institute of Management (NIM)
- Institute of Chartered Mediators & Conciliators (ICMC).
Her interests and hobbies include reading, writing, listening to Gospel music, Praying, meeting people and travelling. She also derives fulfilment in mentoring people.